Insta Mark 116 Instructions
Directions For Use:
Always use resealable bag for storage
Proper care of the Insta Mark 116 will give you clean, consistent impressions every time. Make certain to follow these instructions carefully.
1. How Often Should the Insta Mark be re-inked? The Insta Mark 116 should be re-inked approximately every 1,000 marks. It is important not to run the stamp completely dry. By adding the appropriate number of drops (5-6) every 1,000 marks you will be able to keep the stamp moist and in condition to handle high volume marking or long term storage.
2. Use ONLY Insta Mark 116 Ink. The chemical composition of your Insta Mark may be jeopardized with the use of any other ink. Swelling and distortion may occur.
3. Do not leave Insta Mark cap off for extended period of time. Do not use stamp pad.
4. Do not clean! The Insta Mark die will remain moist. Therefore, layers of dried ink will not accumulate. Cleaning is not necessary. Do not rub or allow the impression surface to come in contact with sharp objects. However, should the die face become dusty or dirty you may take a piece of clear scotch tape and gently place it on the stamp surface. Rub your finger three or four times across scotch tape. Then, gently remove tape from stamp face. Repeat if necessary.
5. Press gently. A hard strike is not necessary. By stamping softly a minimum amount of ink will be transferred and the drying time will be decreased. If the stamp is making a heavy ink mark, follow re-inking instruction step # 3 below. (Adjusting Pressure Insert)
6. Replace cap. Do not allow your Insta Mark to remain uncapped for over 3-5 minutes at one time. Fast dry inks evaporate quickly. If the rubber die begins to dry or the mark becomes light, recap tightly and put the Insta Mark aside for 15-30 minutes. If the ink does not regenerate, follow the re-inking instructions. (See Below)
For clean impressions with excellent adhesion - do not stamp on wet or greasy surfaces. We recommend wiping the surface clean with Reactivator.
After removing your Printed Circuit Board, or other material, from a degreasing bath - let the solvent evaporate before touching the mark (this should take about 2-3 seconds). The mark will then remain permanent.
Warning: Keep out of the reach of children. Avoid skin contact. If skin contact is made, wash the affected area with soap and water.
Insta Mark 116 Re-Inking Instructions
1. Remove the cap and the handle portion of the stamp. Next, remove the pressure adjustment insert. Hold the rubber die holder in one hand and begin adding IM ink.
2. Add 5-6 drops of Insta Mark 116 ink to the open back of the rubber die holder. Reassemble stamp by re-inserting the adjustment insert into the rubber die holder. When reassembling, always return adjustment insert to the "0-0" position. Test stamp on sample surface to make sure pressure adjustment insert is positioned correctly. PRESSURE INSERT SHOULD BE POSITIONED SO THAT STAMP FACE JUST EXCEEDS PLASTIC CASING. If pressure insert is not adjusted properly your mark can be very heavy or incomplete.
3. ADJUSTING PRESSURE INSERT FOR HEAVY OR INCOMPLETE MARKS.
4. Re-Inking Parameters: